Wednesday, February 4, 2009

C'mon, girl!

For the past three days I've been all "oh yeah, I'm going for a run later" but it just didn't happen.  I said the same thing today and Tom beaked his hands at me and said "sure, sure, you say that all the time" -- quite right!  I really have become quite the slacker in the past 3 weeks, and I'm certainly blaming it on the time of year.  This is the first winter I've tried to run through, it's not gone well, and I've gotten really good at listening to all of my excuses.  Frankly, I'm getting sick of them and of myself and know I need to nip this lassitude in the bud before the long gaps between runs become the norm and the runs become the noteworthy exceptions.

To this end, I had Tom drop me off while running his errands, leaving me to run myself on home.  He didn't have to actually push me screaming and crying from the car, but it was not too far off.  Not much chance to make excuses as he drives out of the parking lot, now, is there?  Anyhow, once I got going I felt just fine, and continue to wonder what all the fuss is about.  Why am I having such a hard time getting out there?  I really enjoyed the run -- as much as I CAN enjoy running on the road, anyways.  I even saw some 10 minute miles on the Garmin in the first two miles and felt that I was running easy for that kind of "speed."

3 miles, 12:00 pace

1 comment:

Runner Leana said...

Don't worry, I don't think it is just you. I haven't been all that enthused about getting out for my runs lately, sometimes even in the nice weather! If I didn't have to report back to a coach I might be tempted to slack off a bit more!