Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Resolution

So I'm not much for resolutions, but this seems like a decent time of year to try to commit to something.  I have failed numerous times in getting a blog off the ground -- see date of last post -- but here's yet another attempt to be at least a little consistent.  Hell, if I'm now embarking on my third(!) year of fairly consistent running, a little blogging here and there shouldn't be that difficult.

Cutting to the chase . . . Today was a notable run for me, not so much for distance (2 miles) or pace (11:17), bu
t for the fact that it marks the first time I have been able to brave the elements and actually run outside in winter conditions.  I have been putting this off forEVER, and now that I've done it, I'm not sure what all the fuss was about.  I dressed reasonably and within 10 minutes I was down to tights and top, running perfectly comfortable and not at all bothered by the cold.

I will STOP using this as an excuse!

1 comment:

RBR said...

Beast! You so earn double points for running in snow!

You know what they say about slow running? It is faster than not running! (Ok, so I just made that up, but it does sounds like something "they" would say doesn't it?)

Thank you for stopping by my blog!