Sunday, July 19, 2009

DLT . . . done!

Yay! I finished my race! I don't know my official time, but I think it's somewhere in the 4 - 4:30 range. Doesn't matter much, as I'm super happy just to have finished. There will be a race report in the future, but for now it's enough that I made no major mistakes, the swim was the bitch I thought it would be, the bike went fine although it was extremely draining, and the run, well, not so hot. Full race report soon!

So I've done a couple sprint tris, but this Oly length is an entirely different animal. I am whipped. I'm sore. I'm a triathlete!

5 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Conrats on completing your first oly tri!

Personally, that distance is not my favorite because the swim is so relatively long compared to biking and running, my much stronger sports. Look forward to the details when you get around to it. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Running in high humidity does take some getting used to but I find I'm more affected by altitude, probably because I don't often have a chance to run in it.

Runner Leana said...

Congratulations!!!!! Can't wait to hear all of the details!

Stuart said...

Awesome looking forward to the report!

P.O.M. said...

Congrats!!!!!!!

Bill Langton said...

Hey...

Congrats! I'm proud of you. Can't wait to read all about it. Hope your family visit and backpack trip went well. I'm guessing you probably got wet considering the rain we have had recently...

See you on the 6th (hopefully) at the next TRC run in Martis!

Bill