Thursday, July 9, 2009

Gah!

I haven't posted because -- and this is so bad so close to my DLT -- I have done little more than nothing in the past week. Work was busy and yadda yadda yadda I chose sleep over running. This seemed like a good idea this past weekend, and am sure I will think it's a really poor idea when next weekend rolls around. I am woefully underprepared for this race, and have shelved the idea that this is the A race of the year . . . that'll have to be the Marin race in November. THAT one I will be ready for!

Anyhow, the has been a little running of note. I ran a 5k with the Truckee Running Group a week ago today. I went in with the slightly absurd goal of sub 30:00, and pretty much knew it was out of my reach. However, I ran for it anyway. Imagine my surprise when Gary clocked the first mile in at 9:40 -- I have never run as fast before. I stopped looking at Gary at this point, and just ran the rest of the race as fast as I could. Imagine my HUGE surprise when I crossed the line in 29:03! Wow!

In any case, Tom and I have the truck all packed and after we watch today's stage of TdF (on Tivo, of course) we are headed over to Downieville for very cycle-oriented weekend. Mountain biking, which I don't like nearly as much as road biking, but biking nonetheless. I also plan to run quite a bit (to make sure I haven't forgotten how) and have some good times with friends.

And, I finally drank the Kool-Aid and bought myself an iPhone and oboy! is that a cool piece of electronic tastiness. It was only a matter of time.

No comments: