Monday, January 11, 2010

YAYs

OK, I know I had a post awhile back titled Training Begins, but I really just fluffed around for two weeks and barely got outside, never mind training runs.  This is normal for me with my running.  After a break (self imposed or otherwise) I am just Seriously Lazy Girl and really don't want any part of anything that means moving fast (relatively!).  I admit this freely to myself, and should have built 2 weeks of fucking off into the training plan.  Well, actually, I did, but in a failed attempt to motivate myself I was all about blogging the beginning of my running season.  Silly girl.

Anyhow, I don't worry much about it (even though that really long race looms in the future) because I knew it was only a matter of time before I got it together.  I think I have, yay, and hopefully my running log will appreciate it!

Today I went out and started my mishmash training plan.  Yay!  And for the first time in a non-race situation, I had a pace and distance goal, and was determined to do my best to meet it.  Not a huge goal, mind you, but 12:08 for 4 miles, ok, I'm down with that.  The first half was a piece of cake, I just cruised and felt great (yay again!).  Second half trickier, as there was a maybe 350' elevation gain, including a killer hill right at the very end -- I stopped here once, for maybe 10 seconds, otherwise steady on the hills with a little slower pace.  I *totally* met my goal, yay #3!

Mile 1: 10:49
Mile 2: 11:21
Mile 3: 11:48
Mile 4: 12:27 (that hill!)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Good for you, starting up again. And don't you love that feeling when a run is going well, and it's effortless?

I just wish I would experience it more often...