How much do I suck? Lemme count the ways . . .
1. Yeah, no posts for a month.
2. Haven't even been *reading* many bogs!
3. I've been sick (but that only counts for like 4 days, so . . . )
4. Running . . . hah! I think I've gotta be the most untrained runner out there, maybe with Funderson.
5. August: 47% scheduled miles run.
6. September: 30%. 30!!!
7. Today I'm blogging instead of running. Lame, for one who blogs as little as I do.
8. I've got all kinds of new running gear, like a Nathan pack and cool Moeben armwarmers, new trail shoes and 2 pairs of road shoes. Would be easy to justify if I, you know, ran.
9. Oh, yeah, that ultra at the end of the month. My first. 50k! That's like 31 miles, yo!
10. Guess how long my longest run has been lately? 15.7 miles.
How much do I NOT suck?
1. Yesterday I ran 15.7 miles, mostly on new local trails, and totally loved it! I felt like I coulda run a lot further, but it got dark AND I was super hungry. I called for a ride home (rightfully, this should go in the "I Suck" column for coming in early, but I really loved the run, so suck it).
2. I'm running the Nike Women's Half in two weeks. This is awesome because:
a. I *think* I'm trained enough to run for 13 miles.
b. I'm meeting and running this race with Lisa. This a big step for socially-awkward me. I'm wearing a tutu and looking forward to hooting and hollering and having a great time at this, my first big-venue race. (I may be awkward, but no one calls me shy!)
3. I'm running the Boggs Mt 50k at the end of this month. This is awesome because:
a. OMG, me! running an Ultra! Even
b. I do believe that RBR might be joining me. Another social leap! This is especially thrilling because I think, in each other, she and I might find the perfect (read: slower than imaginable, and potty-mouthed) running buddy.
4. In the past few months, I have totally embraced my slowness. I may have paid lip service to this concept before (and secretly thought sub 10:00 miles were the shit), but lately . . . well. Fuck it. I run 14:00 trail miles, a little faster on the roads, and that's what I do. I won't ever run faster, I won't try to run faster, don't want to run faster, this is who I am and if you want to run with me that's the speed we're running because that's the speed I run. I am a slow runner. YAY! I'm a runner!
5. I think I have the capacity to run really far, especially if I, you know, run.
6. I have 37 followers (and 53 subscribers) on this blog!
7. I am teaching myself how to cook Indian food. Yesterday I made my own fucking cheese!
8. I plan on running today after finishing this post.
Thanks for hanging in there, readers. I hope to start posting with a bit more frequency, but don't hold yer breath!