Friday, October 16, 2009

More future-oriented thinking

I'm not quite sure what has gotten into me.  Last night, after the final TRC race of the year, I got to talking with other members -- all super fast, super accomplished runners, mind you -- about  . . . marathons.  Typical me, I get an idea in my head and the next thing you know BLAMMO! it's all I can think about.  As evidence, I present Exhibit A: Reno Rock n' River Marathon, May 2, 2010 and Exhibit B: Hal Higdon's Novice Marathon Training and Exhibit C: My iPhone, specifically the Calendar app, which is now filled with training runs (from B) all culminating in (A).  Got that?

Yes, I've all but bitten the bullet in my heretofor tentative plan to run a marathon next year . . . now I've got the event, the date, the training plan and I guess I'm committed.  Alls that's left is to actually sign up for the thing, which I'll work up to shortly.

Oh, yeah, and all the running.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

awesome!! Do it!! :)

Lisa said...

Very cool. I tend to get OCD about things too. Not sayin' you are, just sayin' that about me lol. I have a couple HMs picked out but I'm soooo scared to actually register. Good for you for biting the bullet. Heck if I do sign up for the one in May we can virtual train together, even though mine is only a half it'd still be fun.

ShirleyPerly said...

Woohoo, congrats on taking the plunge! I love running marathons and can't wait to get back to doing so next year after a couple upcoming tris are done.

Good luck in your training!