Friday, March 6, 2009

I am STILL alive!

Though you wouldn't be able to tell from my posting (or commenting) of late. Bad blogger! Not since February! Yikes. I have no real excuse, but do have some explanations. I had a bit of scheduled not-so-major not-so-minor surgery towards the end of last month and that effectively knocked me out of life for a while, and blog posting was really the last thing on my mind. I have been reading lots of stuff, but not inputting anything (sorry to my readers -- all both of you!). In any case, said surgery is really going to impact my training for the next 2 months or so when I can't really do too much, too fast, too hard. Usually not the best patient, I am determined to follow doctor's orders to the letter, and whilst I can soon start running, biking, swimming I can only go really, really easy. For 2 more months.

On monday I am going to start swimming. I haven't been in a pool for over a year, so it should be interesting. I am limited to only easy, slow breaststroke for the next 2 weeks, so won't be putting down my usual blistering pace just yet. I plan getting my trainer and bike set up in the loft for some very easy spinning next week too. I can't yet run at all, I think that'll be another few weeks yet. I don't know that any of this will actually do me any good (I gained about 5-7 pounds the day after I stopped running back in the beginning of February), but I figure at least it'll get me in the mode of working out again. Plus, I am starting to get a little antsy and haven't been sleeping all that well and a little irritable, and I think a lot of that can be traced back to lac of exercise.

So I'm back on the blogging map, readers! I've got that old interview from Steve to respond to (even though that interview thing is SO last week), and am slowly catching up on the over 600 (!!) posts sitting in my Google Reader. I know you've all been waiting on the edges of your seats, breathlessly hoping that I would post again . . . well, here I am (and hopefully I'll manage another post before, say, 2010).

1 comment:

Runner Leana said...

Sorry to hear about your surgery! Hope your recovery is going well and that you'll be able to get back at it successfully.